Integrated Listening Systems (iLs) Therapy
iLs is a music-based, multi-sensory program for improving brain function. iLs programs include acoustically modified classical music. The music is listened to with special headphones, and while listening, the user engages in specific exercises that maximize brain integration.
iLs is based on the fact that all brains ‘re-wire’ themselves through repeated stimulation, a concept known as neuroplasticity. iLs trains for brain/body integration through a staged approach, starting with the fundamentals of sensory integration and then extending through more complex cognitive functions.
iLs can be customized for all ages and skill levels. Levels are gradually introduced, and raised, to achieve new skill development and confidence. Through the training process, information processing and regulation improve, supporting increased ability to focus, think, and engage successfully in social situations. iLs is an enjoyable activity to improve brain integration, and quality of life.
iLs has been demonstrated to be clinically effective with the following:
- Stress, Sleep and Relaxation
- Performance Optimization
- Anxiety & Depression
- Psychological & Emotional Well-Being
- Learning and Learning Disabilities
- Sensory Processing Disorders & Difficulties
- Neuro-Developmental Therapy
- Autism Spectrum Disorders and ADD/ADHD
- Developmental Disorders
- Rehabilitation and Cognitive Functioning
- Brain Integration for Overall Well-Being